The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine will be looking for enthusiastic and committed medical student volunteers for the 2020 ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting to be held from Sunday 22nd – Thursday 26th November 2020 at the National Convention Centre, Canberra.
Volunteer activities aim to provide an educational benefit for the student e.g. model for ultrasound workshops, assistant for workshops, running microphones for Q&A sessions, and producing social media content throughout sessions. A clear outline and briefing of your role will be provided prior to the commencement of the event.
Student Volunteer expectations:
- Attend briefing meetings
- Participate in volunteer activities for 30-40% of the duration of the Meeting
- Be available for the duration of the Meeting (this may include pre-Meeting workshops which will run from Saturday 21st – Sunday 22nd November 2020)
- Complete the tasks for which you have been allocated to the best of your ability
- Follow the instructions of the workshop facilitator, session chair or Meeting organiser
- Seek clarification if uncertain about anything and report any issues to the Meeting organiser
Please note that volunteer opportunities are limited to 20 successful applicants. In exchange for your time working at the Meeting, successful applicants will receive a complimentary registration and a ticket to the Welcome Reception.
Applications will open in April 2020.