Virtual ASM FAQs
Virtual ASM FAQs
- Please ensure you are using Google Chrome as the browser for this virtual event.
- Windows 7 is not accepted by the virtual platform, so a newer version will need to be installed. We recommend Windows 10 as it has compatibility for better audio and video accessibility.
- If links open in a different browser, please copy the link and paste it into Chrome. Safari is not recommended, some other modern browsers may work.
- If you are having trouble with sound, check your headphones/headset is connected.
- If you are unable to connect, check to ensure your internet connection is working.
- You must login using a computer rather than a handheld device.
- If you require any technical support during the event, please click on the Live Support icon in the top right hand corner and our staff will be able to assist.
- For further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen during the Virtual ASM?
The format of the Virtual ASM will be very familiar to previous ASM delegates. The Meeting will feature keynote presentations, breakout discussion sessions and panel discussions, and will include live moderated Q&As after keynote presentations.
Additionally, there will be time for Interactive Networking with fellow delegates and opportunities to explore the Virtual Exhibition, where you will be able to engage directly with exhibitors.
What does registration include?
Registrants will have access to the online platform which will enable you to
- View keynote presentations and breakout sessions and ask questions live.
- Participate in live interactive networking functions.
- Visit the Virtual Exhibition to meet and interact with exhibitors.
- Pre-arrange meetings with delegates, presenters & exhibitors through the Meeting Hub.
- Utilise a suite of tools to enhance your attendance including live Q&A, event notes, contact exchange and downloadable content.
What are the benefits of online meetings?
- Removal of the significant barrier of travel and accommodation expenses.
- Allowing meeting participants to participate remotely will reduce the carbon footprint, helping the environment and allowing to attend the ASM while not being absent from home or work.
- Online materials and recorded sessions will enhance the exchange of knowledge and author and audience contact, during and even after the Meeting.
Why is this year’s event being offered at a reduced rate compared to previous ASMs?
Although providing a virtual event does not incur the same costs as face-to-face meetings, there are still considerable technological expenses faced in delivering an online event. Regardless of this, the College is cognisant of the fact that many members have not been able to connect, learn and socialise during the pandemic, so the ASM Working Group has aimed to reduce registration fees to make the event accessible to a larger audience. This will provide a better opportunity to re-connect with friends and colleagues, meet new people and share knowledge from all stakeholders connected to Emergency Medicine.
Will lower registration rates apply to all ACEM Events going forward?
Each event will be judged on individual circumstances, however any move back to face-to-face or a shift to hybrid events will likely see prices rise to previous levels to ensure expenses are covered.
When will I receive my link to the online portal?
A registration link will be sent to you by email on Friday 20 November 2020. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the access email. If you do not receive the email, please contact email@example.com to have this resent to you.
Will sessions be available for viewing after the Virtual ASM?
Session recordings* are available for on-demand viewing for those who registered for the ASM. Recordings can be watched in the virtual platform, using the login information that was used to watch the live sessions. Just click on the session/s you would like to view and press play.
*Tuesday sessions (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday session recordings will be available by Monday 30 November 2020).
Do I need reliable internet?
Yes, we recommend that you have reliable internet to get the most out of the ACEM Virtual ASM. Hardwired internet is generally more reliable and faster than WiFi.
What time zone will the program be in?
The time zone will be in Australian Eastern Daylight Time. The program is being created in consideration of the different Australian and New Zealand time zones. To check your time zone please click here.
Will sessions be pre-recorded or live?
The online program will be a mix of pre-recorded and live presentations. Live Q&A will be available with presenters in both formats.
Will attendees be able to ask questions and participate in sessions?
During each session, there will be a live Q&A text function for you to ask presenters questions. At the end of each stream, there will be a Q&A session for all presenters. Questions asked throughout the session will be chosen by the chair to be asked however, only the session chair and presenters will be able to speak or be seen. You will be able to contact the presenter through the Meeting Hub at any time with any further questions. There is also a discussion function, which is an open forum where all participants are able to type comments as part of an online discussion.
Will there still be a social program?
An Interactive Networking functions will be held on the Tuesday and Friday afternoons. During this session you will be able to use the online platform to engage with other attendees in real time. Depending on your time zone (and the final program) you may choose to relax in your own space and enjoy a coffee, tea or perhaps a wine whilst you chat.
Will I need to download specific software?
Specific software is not required. You will be provided with a weblink to the virtual conferencing platform. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for the ACEM Virtual ASM web application. If you typically use Internet Explorer or Safari, it is recommended that you download Chrome prior to the ACEM Virtual ASM. Full online support before and during the ACEM Virtual ASM will be available to all the attendees, speakers, session chairs and exhibitors.
We strongly advise that you participate in the ACEM Virtual ASM via your desktop or laptop computer that has speakers. You will also require a reliable broadband internet connection.
We recommend you check your computer/laptop, before the ASM commences, to ensure that Google Chrome is the browser being used, and Windows 8 or above is installed. Windows 7 is not supported by the virtual platform. We recommend Windows 10 as it has compatibility for better audio and video accessibility.
What is a Virtual Exhibition?
Just like a traditional exhibition at a face to face meeting, attendees can visit the virtual exhibition hall and engage with exhibitors. Attendees can view exhibitor information, download brochures, and when the exhibition is open, engage in instant meetings, by video, with exhibitors.
What is the Meeting Hub?
Just because the ASM is being held online doesn’t mean you won’t have the opportunity to network. The ACEM Virtual ASM online platform includes a dedicated Meeting Hub where participants can invite each other to connect, have live chat sessions, schedule one-on-one video conferences, and much more.
How do I Download the Smartphone App?
A smartphone app is available for use during the ACEM Virtual ASM. The app is not connected to the virtual platform, however it can be used to view the ASM program, speaker bios, exhibitor profiles and more.
The app can be downloaded from the iTunes store for your iPhone and iPad or from the Google Play Store from your Android device – you will need to search for “Events by Encanta” in the store, and download the Events by Encanta app. Once downloaded, please open the Events by Encanta app, select ‘Search Events’ and then click on the ‘Have an event code?’ link. If you have not received the event code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.