Please read the guidelines below carefully. Abstracts not submitted in this format may not be considered for review. If you have any difficulties or queries about the abstract format, please contact the Meeting Secretariat by email, email@example.com.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) only via the Meeting website.
- Authors must follow the formatting guidelines below. A sample abstract is available here, and should be used as a guide.
- Word count: maximum 250 words (excluding title)
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, single spaced, text left and right justified.
- Abbreviations: Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract. Capitalise the first letter of trade names.
- Grammar: It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure their text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors. The Program Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
- Abstracts should comprise of the following elements, with each beginning a new paragraph:
- Authors: Each abstract is permitted a maximum of 1 presenting author and 5 more contributing authors. Please note that a blind review process will be conducted. You will be asked to provide author names and affiliations in the online submission process (authors must be listed in order of involvement), however please do not include this information on your Word document abstract.
- References: Authors may include references in their submission. The style of the references should follow the Vancouver style as used by Emergency Medicine Australasia. Any references included in a reference list must be cited within the abstract text.
- Tables and Figures: A maximum of 2 tables are allowed and each table is limited to a maximum of 10 columns and 10 rows.
Abstracts received after the closure date will not be accepted.